Monday, July 12, 2010

Santa Cruz Harbor

After a rolly nite anchored off the pier I decided to try for a space at the harbor because Ali and the kids are driving over today and taking the dinghy over to the pier was a little tricky with all the seals on the  landing and it was closed at nite. I radioed the harbor master and he fixed me up with a great alongside tie-up underneath Aldo's restaurant.













The fog burnt off in the afternoon and we had a great day at the boardwalk as the kids tried out the rides













Had a great breakfast at Lindas Seabreeze cafe a few blocks away. Also the Calamari at Aldo's is amazing. They gut and prep the squid on the dock and fry it immediately.Its better than anything I have had at any fancy restaurant.

The family is headed home tommorow, so I will continue south as soon as the wind picks up and hopefully the fog burns off.

1 comment:

  1. If you happen to see a weathered, bearded, wiry old guy rowing out of the harbor in a one-man rowing shell, say hello to him from me (Pete). His name is Mike and he lives aboard in the back bay.

    ReplyDelete