Monday, July 5, 2010

First nite at Angel Island

We cast off at 9am this morning. Got a great send off from my neighbors at the marina. My daughters Sophie and Lisa are going to spend the first few days with me and then Ali will join me to sail under the Golden Gate and down to Halfmoon Bay. We are tied up to the moorings at Angel Island for tonite.
The new jib sail is working great and allows me to sail much higher into the wind. It's also reefs really well which was handy as it was blowing 30knots across the slot this afternoon.
All the new boat systems are working well.

1 comment:

  1. Anchoring at Angel Island for the first night out; it's hard to imagine a better place to begin a cruise! I grew up in the Bay Area and spent many nights at anchor at Angel Island. That was in the late 50's and early 60's, long before the mooring fields were there. A trip out the Gate and down the coast to Princeton and Half Moon Bay brings back warm memories! I look forward to reading about your ongoing sailing adventure!

    ReplyDelete