Tuesday, January 25, 2011

La Manzanilla (anchor)

In the south of Tenacatita bay you find the small town of La Manzanilla. I really enjoyed this town. I anchored off the beach next to the big aquaculture nets. Immediately about 100 fish congregated under the boat. Again I used bow/stern anchors to point the boat into the swell and make like comfortable.

Getting ashore is fun as there is quite a shore break at times that can catch you out (more later)



View Larger Map

La Manzanilla is quite a busy town (but no bank) and has a large gringo population that lives there year round.
Do Canadians count as gringos?

Lots of nice places to eat and good street food in the evenings.

Visit the crocadillio to see some meat eating action!

I stayed for a some time and eventually took a group of friends I met in Sea42 around to Melaque. We had a fantastic sail and  met a large group of dolphins is very clear/calm water of the beach at Tamarindo.

No comments:

Post a Comment